Thursday, May 26, 2011

WELL-TRAVELED

Thinking back on those who have influenced my life; been mentors; been life-teachers; those who left me with an "Oprah Ah Yah" moment, I thought of a very dear friend, with us in spirit now. He talked of his travels often, having been to many places and visited many countries.

One day he said to me, "I've come to realize, I've seen more of the world than you but you've seen more of life than I".

The wise words have stayed with me. The words "well-traveled" is not just for those who have "seen the world", but belong to all, as we each walk our own path.

Let each day be your vacation and each person you meet go in your travel diary.

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Sister Sylvia! Is this a new blog? Will follow you :-)
    ...with love,
    ~Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that! Gonna share that on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Joanie...no, my "old blog", but I've been neglecting it...trying to do better!

    Thank you Tracy...thank you both for "following".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohooo Sister is back....Wolfie likes!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wolfie...you always manage to "crack me up"!

    ReplyDelete

Golden Silence

I hate the message your Silence brings, But hear the words your eyes sing. The world is cheated by unclaimed words, Lost in the depths of...