Saturday, September 26, 2009

The "Art" of Living

We are all artists and life is our canvas.

As a painter, I love to do large abstract and impressionistic paintings on canvas. As I stoke on the paint, expending energy as I in return receive energy in an unexplainable exchange, I usually decide within minutes if I will like or dislike the painting. As with life, we have choice. My choices as I paint are much as the choices in life...I can continue the painting and hope it evolves into what I want, or I can change it.

Everyday, we may not have the ability to start a "fresh new canvas", but we have the ability to change; we can paint over the parts, if not all, of what we don't like. The results of these changes, only adds texture and "layering" to our lives, just as I do with a painting. Much of my art is done with the purpose of adding texture and "layers".

How wonderful that each day gives us a chance to enhance our lives with layers of life, painted with emotions, actions and love.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sylvia,
    I will take this idea to heart: "How wonderful that each day gives us a chance to enhance our lives with layers of life, painted with emotions, actions and love."

    Now I'll become a follower of your blog!
    Whoo-hoo!!

    Love,
    ~Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanie, you are my first comment and first "follower". I must tell you have that you you have been a great inspiration to me in many ways...I write and paint from the heart and you've shared your heart so many times with so many people.

    Love and Peace, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia,
    What a wonderful place you have created here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sylvia,
    well Sylvia i am touched to what you and painting are!And most of the time i hope to ghange some mistakes i have done. So from now on I will add layers and as i go will to add texture to those layers.
    Love,
    ???? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Golden Silence

I hate the message your Silence brings, But hear the words your eyes sing. The world is cheated by unclaimed words, Lost in the depths of...