Friday, May 27, 2011

Notes

I started writing "notes for myself" many years ago. As an artist, words and music are "visuals".

"Blue" is not just a color, but may become a dancer, painted in reds and oranges or it could render a dark night sky, scattered with falling white stars.

Sometimes when I am painting, I will be inspired to write, but most often my thoughts and my written words inspire me to paint.

The art and the words of others often make me think; give me pause; express my own feelings; finish my own thoughts. As I share my art, I want to share with you my "notes", hoping some word or phrase will touch you or stay with you, maybe even inspire or awaken something within you.

I have said before, "We are all artist and life is our canvas". Listening is an art; we must learn to feel what is being said and sometimes what is not. Throughout my life, some of the most significant and inspirational words I have heard, could have easily been lost, had I not been listening carefully and with my heart.

Many unexpected, seemingly simple phrases and words have helped shape my life and nudged me onto the right path. I have found my path and know I am where I should be. As most, my path has been rocky at times and I have stumbled, but I have learned to embrace the falls.

There are no wise men without scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golden Silence

I hate the message your Silence brings, But hear the words your eyes sing. The world is cheated by unclaimed words, Lost in the depths of...